This program is a combination of individual face-to-face and web-based homebuyer education.
Place for One-on-One Counseling:
Central Jersey Housing Resource Center
600 First Avenue
Raritan, NJ 08869
If you require Pre Purchase counseling this may be a beneficial program for you. This education is being offered FREE of charge.
The one-on-one counseling takes approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours and requires a review of documents, preparing a monthly budget, determining goals and creating an action plan. Please review the Make Your Move flyer for more details.
Please call CHRC at 908-446-0037 to speak with a counselor and set up registration. After completing the registration process you will be given a password for the web-based education portion.
Central Jersey Housing Resource Center Presents: "Make Your Move...A Guide to Homeownership"
This is a pre-purchase program for low- and moderate- income families and individuals who are 12 months away from purchasing a home and wish to become comfortable with all of the components of the process. This certificate program is approved by State and Federal agencies as financial institutions.
This program will:
- Prepare you for all aspects of the homebuying process
- Provide you with the information you need to gain confidence in handling the process of buying a home
Through the Make your Move program you will learn about:
- What lenders consider when deciding whether you are a creditworthy buyer
- The types of loan programs available
- The types of fees involved with the purchase of a home
- Who the professionals in the home-buying process are
- The legal documents you will be asked to sign when buying a home